Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter

Biblioteca digitale (en)

Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

PALAZZO VII APRILE

 
  • Palazzo VII Aprile
  • Palazzo VII Aprile
Palazzo VII Aprile

The palace which was the seat of the Jurors was built in 1576  on the site of the ancient loggia of the Pisani, which is why the space in front is commonly called “piazza Loggia” by the people from Marsala. It was completed in the mid XVIII century with the realization of the façade by the architect Giuseppe Moccia, it has strong Palladian influences in the two levels of porticoes, characterised by a serliana pattern. The inside, notably slender sector rises into a tower where there is a clock and on the top there is a quadrangular room with open arches.

After 1860 the name loggia was changed to VII Aprile  in memory of the popular insurrection against the bourbon government on the 7th of April 1860, a few days before the Landing of The Thousand..

Today the local council hold meetings in the building.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)